Skyline Veterinary Specialists is taking the current coronavirus (COVID 19) pandemic seriously and adhering to all guidelines provided by the CDC with the intent of keeping our community safe but still providing exemplary care for pets.
During this temporary situation, we will be implementing the following protocol for anyone visiting our specialty services or urgent care department.
- If you have an appointment, please call us at 704-672-5590 once you’ve arrived in the parking area of the hospital. If you have an urgent care concern about your pet and want to bring them for evaluation, please call us prior to driving to the hospital.
- If you are exhibiting symptoms such as shortness of breath, a fever, or any respiratory signs or if you’ve had exposure to someone with coronavirus please send your pet with someone you trust or reschedule your appointment.
- A team member will come out to greet you and your pet in appropriate attire. We will exchange your leash for one of our own and then safely transport your pet into the hospital.
- One of our technicians will contact you via phone to obtain a history while the doctor is performing a thorough physical examination.
- The doctor will then call you to discuss the findings, the treatment plan and any questions or concerns you may have. We will be able to obtain consent and payments over phone or email.
- The doctor will then come out to the parking area or will contact you via phone to discuss findings of the physical examination, any results of diagnostic testing and your pet’s medical plan.
- As always, all of the findings from your visit will be promptly communicated to your pet’s primary veterinarian.
- For further information about the coronavirus (COVID 19) pandemic please click here to visit the CDC website. For information about coronavirus and your pet please click here for the AVMA statement
For Pet Families
Our team has put together helpful resources and information specifically for pet families. Click here to learn more.